Title: Project Resource Analyst
Type: Full time, professional.
Location: GMT Project Office, Pasadena CA
This exciting job opportunity is with the GMTO (Giant Magellan Telescope Organization) located in Pasadena, California. The GMT is being developed by a group of leading university and research centers from across the globe. The GMTO Corporation has been formed to design, construct and operate the GMT Observatory which will be located in the Andean mountains at Las Campanas Peak in Chile. The GMT is the next generation astronomical observatory with the capability to have 10 times the resolution of the Hubble Space Telescope. The project is entering the formal construction phase with scientific operations expected to begin in 2023.
BE A PART OF TRANSFORMING OUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE UNIVERSE
The successful candidate will be an employee of the GMTO Corporation and must be able to meet pre-employment requirements including any background and reference checks and the successful candidate must be a US citizen or eligible to work in the United States and at least 18 years of age. GMTO provides competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
The Project Business Office is pursuing a Project Resource Analyst to work on the numerous aspects of the cost reporting requirements of the GMTO Project. Under minimal supervision and reporting to the Project Business Manager, this position will require autonomy and self-drive, and it will consist of but not be limited to; creating, tracking and issuing monthly, quarterly and yearly project cost reports, time-phase budgeting reports, developing and maintaining the project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), preparing cost forecasts, update project documents, and conduct in depth analysis of project performance including earned value management (EVM). This position will also require routine communication and recommendations to account managers.
This is your opportunity to join an amazing project and plan the world’s largest telescope!
• Create project accounts in both the accounting system and the project controls system
• Assist in the Implementation, Management and maintenance of a Cobra based Project Cost System
• Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
• Be the check point for the transfer of expenses into and out of project accounts
• Perform validation and verification of accounting data into project accounts
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
• Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
• Maintain workforce reporting (hourly, FTE, and expense) and status by project accounts
• Develop automation of systems from financial reporting to project reporting
• Assist in project cost reporting in support of monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
• Assist in developing time-phased budgets in accordance with detailed schedule plans
• Conducts in-depth analysis of project performance including EVM, issue reports and make recommendations to account managers and project management
• Participate as an essential team member on teams inside and outside the organization, project, activity or function. Ability to travel to subcontractor facilities if required
• Perform reconciliations of project actuals to cash flow and balance sheet accounts, project account analysis, accrual calculations, capital expenditure evaluations, variance analysis, and other related duties
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Minimum of a BS degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of experience with job duties associated with a Project Cost Analyst
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL
• Experience with project and cost accounting
• Experience with resource management, workforce planning, business forecasting and funds administration
• Ability to interface effectively with project and technical management, partners, and contractors
• Advanced software usage skills with MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Thorough understanding of accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls
• Experience performing effective data mining-research and strong analytical skills
• Ability to use independent judgment in evaluation of issues and solutions, learn new tasks quickly and participate in the audit process
• Ability to manage competing priorities with excellent organizational skills and to work in a team environment or independently
• Previous experience working in a project team environment with project reporting integrated cost/schedule planning and various performance measurements techniques
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• A MS degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years
• Advanced knowledge of EVM best business practices, policies and procedures across a range of applications
• Experience with Cobra and Primavera or other scheduling tools and ERP system integration
• Experience with cost/schedule baseline change control processes
• Previous experience working in a highly technical environment with engineers, physicists, scientists on large construction type projects
• Previous experience working in Telescopes, Spacecraft or industries such as Oil and Gas, Logistics, Manufacturing, Research and Development or Civil Construction
• Possess a certificate as a Project Management Professional (PMP
• Exercise sound judgement and discretion
Comfortable, and even excited about, working outside your comfort zone. An ability to thrive in a collaborative team first environment
Applicants should send a Letter of Interest and a Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please refer to the Job Number in the letter and in the email subject line.
GMTO is an equal opportunity employer.