- Noviembre 2016 - Español
- November 2016
- Septiembre 2016 - Español
- August 2016
- Marzo de 2016 - Español
- March 2016
- December 2015
- Fall 2014
- Winter 2014
- Fall 2013
- Summer 2013
- Winter 2013
Robert N. Shelton Selected as President of Giant Magellan Telescope Organization
The Giant Magellan Telescope Organization (GMTO) today announced the appointment of physicist Robert N. Shelton, PhD, to the position of President, effective February 20, 2017. MORE...
Walter E. Massey and Taft Armandroff Selected to Lead Giant Magellan Telescope Board of Directors
Distinguished Scientists Elected to Guide Historic Project as Board Chair and Vice Chair MORE...
Astronomy Week in Pasadena - October 16-22, 2016
Pasadena Mayor Terry Tornek announced tonight that a coalition of the world's leading space science and astronomical institutions based in Pasadena are partnering to produce Astronomy Week, October 16-22, 2016. MORE...
GMT in the Media
- Giant Magellan Telescope: Past, Present and Future of Space Exploration with Ground Based Telescopes
Bridging the Gaps (Podcast interview with Wendy Freedman)
- The world's biggest telescope needs half a billion dollars more
- Past UA president Shelton chosen to lead Giant Magellan Telescope Organization
The Daily Wildcat
- $1 billion telescope, world's largest, in hands of former UA president
The Arizona Republic. Also reproduced by USA Today as Overseeing $1B telescope 'once-in-a-lifetime opportunity'
- Former University of Arizona President Shelton to head telescope organization
Arizona Daily Star
- Ex-President Shelton to Oversee GMT Buildout
- Ex-New president for world's largest telescope
- World's Largest Telescope Will Revolutionize The Future Of Astronomy
- Making the Giant Magellan Telescope's Massive, Incredibly Precise Mirrors
- A Giant Telescope and Remembering John Glenn
Planetary Radio (coverage starts at 14:00)
- Cultura Verdadera
- Walter E. Massey and Taft Armandroff Selected to Lead Pasadena-Based "Giant Magellan Telescope" Board of Directors
- A High-Resolution View of the Universe
- Proximate Goals & Letter of Clarification from GMTO
- Pasadena - Center of the Universe for the Science of Astronomy - Zooms in on Local Star Institutions, Scientists During Astronomy Week
- Telescopio más grande del mundo que se construye en Chile alcanza 25% de avance
- Top interview: Dr Patrick McCarthy – boss of the world's future largest optical telescope
- How to see Proxima b
- Nueva generación de telescopios gigantes
- Astronomers Discover Rocky Planet Orbiting Nearest Star, Proxima Centauri
UT Austin Press Release
- Sense of the stars: New telescopes poised to unlock the universe
- Reddit "Ask Me Anything"
With Patrick McCarthy
- Will this Harvard-built telescope find intelligent life?
“There’s a sense of community in this telescope project that I value very much. And that’s really the culture that started at Carnegie and with the Magellan project, and I think it has grown with GMT.”
For inquires about publication, TV broadcast, or other special requests, please contact us.